Thursday, March 11, 2010

I’ve being asked so many times: “Why don’t your write your blog, you have so many valuable thing to share?”. While lack of spear time is a main excuse; “mistake phobia” would be foremost; since English is not my mother language I try to spear myself from public embarrassment (therefore my upfront apology).

Well, I guess today is the day. It is an official launch of my blog. I hope you enjoy it and find some valuable and interesting information.


Could’ve they done any better …

Oscar Award! Couldn't be any better subject to début to the world of fashion and style gossiping.

To my surprise, this year most of celebrities succeed to escape the Worth-Dressed-List (I will not add fuel to the fire and would leave them along to lick their wounded egos). But could’ve the Best Dressed done any better? Here is my thoughts.

It seem to me it was a pact between the ladies of the red carpet - strapless gowns. Love them. But why?

It is the most complimentary way to display the most essential part of women’s body back, shoulders and neck. It is as well a perfect pedestal for instant glamorization. Was interesting to note that single handed number of celebrities took advantage of it. So many gorgeous gowns displayed, so many necks was wasted.





Kate Winslet’s classic and elegant look was created by adding Tiffany’s necklace to her simple, slick, champagne shimmer gown. Though, it wouldn’t be my choice of accessory . I would suggest more modern approach - a standout, statement necklace (let’s say from
Lanvin Collection).






Maggie Gyllenhaal’s choice of Dries van Noten gown was a little bit to casual for such event, considering she was a nominee. Though in was great color to outline the blue shade of her eyes. But she could glamorize her look by swapping earrings for a necklace (before & after picture, necklace from TANDYA Collection).



Amanda Seyfried was too monotonic and mellow in that gorgeous Armani Prive Gown. The color of her eyes, skin tone and make-up was diluted with a tint of dress. Was missing some contrast, some life.

Kristen Stewart - have never seen her as elegant and beautiful, though something delicate on her décolleté would add sophistication.

Julianne Moore - I found her Calvin Klein gown a bit too pale for her complexion, and the choice of jewelry wasn’t constructive.



Rachel McAdams - Love her Elie Saab Haute couture gown, romantically elegant, but I would favor to see her with necklace, rather then earrings. (
Tiffany Aria Necklace; H.Stern Nature Collection)




Carey Mulligan - was beautiful in very original Prada gown, which to my opinion was originally designed for much taller girl therefore pairing with those sandals was not complimentary. She should’ve chosen lighter color platforms, which would visually elongate her legs.




Milye Cyrus either was not comfortable in her outfit, or her outfit was not comfortable, which threw her posture of the roof , and made it very unattractive.




Confidence is girl most valuables possession. Proper posture is the best display of confidence, and as important as a choice of your dress.

And of cause, Congratulation to all the Winners of 82nd Oscar Award!



Images courtesy of People.com

No comments:

Post a Comment