Friday, December 31, 2010

Reflections on a Blessed Year

The change of a calendar year has always been a time of reflection for me. Even as a kid, I perceived the passing of time as something sacred and solemn. As 2010 draws to a close here in Palm Springs, I find reminders all around me of just how blessed I have been. To make a list of things for which I am grateful would be exhaustive and rather boring for you, gentle reader. But I would be remiss not to acknowledge just a few things for which I am especially grateful; good health, having a home shared with someone special, two beautiful nieces, and pets who bring joy to my life everyday- all these make me very grateful indeed. When I think back just one year ago to the day, I realize just how many blessings have come to me in the year.


It was a strange twist of fate that I will not get into here, but the upshot was the opportunity that presented itself that led to me joining the management team at Natural Balance. Without hesitation, I can say it was one of the best things that ever happened in my life. Over the past year I found a new perspective on work, just from a slightly different angle and it has made all the difference. 

Regular readers know that I deeply believe in karma and the power of positive energy in one's life. Practice random acts of kindness. Think good thoughts. Surround yourself with good energy- and remove any negative energy or toxic situations from your life. You'd be surprised at the results.  

Remember the wise Buddha Wisdom: "We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world".

As the remaining hours in this year slip away take a moment to consider what you are grateful for and focus on the positive things. Greet the new year with a clear head filled with positive energy to create the world you want in 2011. I wish you all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment