Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Aegean Sea Cruise: All Good Things Come to an End

Today is the final installment of my Aegean Sea Cruise blog series. It has been a terrific cruise- everything you hope for in a vacation. I spent most of yesterday relaxing, napping and reading. In fact I finally finished the book I had been reading, so I was especially pleased with myself. At dinner we said our farewells to table-mates, with whom we've dined nearly every night for the past two weeks. I went back to my cabin to finish packing and just chill out. John went to the final show of passenger Idol, the singing contest. Someone we met on the cruise had entered and made it all the way to the finals, but frankly I was sleepy and just wanted to relax on my own balcony. It was my own personal slice of paradise on the ship. Each morning room service would bring a pot of coffee, fresh croissants, a bowl of mixed berries, hard boiled eggs, and perhaps a grapefruit. It was a perfect way to start the day, with the sound of the ocean and a beautiful sunrise.

above: I relaxed in the ship's atrium, as it was a bit breezy on deck
above: Bruna, our cocktail waitress from Brazil made fab martinis. She made cocktail hour fun and memorable.
A Quick Video from Mykonos


above: I forgot to upload this little video from Mykonos. It was from last week, but I thought it would be nice to show you how beautiful it is.
And Finally...

above: a fabulous sunset we saw one evening from the ship, it seemed like a fitting end to this cruise post series.
Well, this cruise is now over. We're back in Rome today so its a great way to unwind before flying back to Palm Springs. Thanks for reading these past two weeks!
-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment