Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Things That Matter To Me

These past few weeks I've had a lot of things going on that have occupied my time and thoughts. All good stuff, but I've just been preoccupied with work and career transitions. John and I are grateful to have pets in our lives, they really make things better in every way. Just as an example, the other day I was out running errands, busy with all kinds of trivial things. I was on the go with my head down, not taking the time to smell the proverbial roses, That is, until I returned home and was confronted by Sheldon and Duncan. There they stood, side by side, peering through the side gate- tails wagging in full swing. It was at that precise moment when I was reminded how great these dogs are and how much they mean to me. Poodles are especially smart creatures, experience emotions and "connect" with people in a unique manner. They were so happy to see me return home, it melted my heart. I've said this many times here- dogs make life better. It occurred to me that I've neglected the poodles lately being busy thinking about work. Despite this, dogs love you unconditionally and are always happy to see you. I remembered just how much Sheldon and Duncan mean to me. They are an important part of our family.

above: Here are Sheldon and Duncan relaxing on the sofa next to each other. I'm grateful to have been reminded about the Things That Matter To Me, like my two poodles. What matters to you? What pulls you though the week?
-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment