Saturday, February 20, 2010

Meeting Fellow Blogger Friend "Odat" in New York

Last week while in New York I squeezed in some personal time to meet a fellow Blogger friend for lunch. Some of you may know "Odat" as she is known from her Odat's Mumbling blog. (We're also friends on Facebook, where she reveals her real name, but here in the Blogger world, I'll just call her Odat). We first spoke via telephone a few months ago, to share a few tips before her cruise to Greece. I had just returned from my Aegean Sea cruise, so it was still fresh in my mind. I was staying in mid-town Manhattan and Odat traveled in from another part of the city, so I am appreciative for her efforts. We had a nice lunch at the Waldorf and had an easy time talking; in fact I felt as though I had known her much longer. But then again, that's the way it is in the Blogger world. We feel as though we get to know each other because we follow someone's life and times on their blog. Anyway it was a special treat for me, and I'm grateful that we had the opportunity to meet.
-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment