Thursday, June 17, 2010

Mystery Cruise to BERMUDA

Mystery Cruise destination was to Bermuda!

Well the surprise is over! Some of you guessed Bermuda correctly the locale of the Mystery Cruise. It is a lovely island with its own rich history and charming traditions that make it interesting to just poke around and explore. The beaches are pristine and quiet- undeveloped and a perfect place to get away from it all. I've also been enjoying of the local provinces, or Parishes as they call them here, such as St George, Hamilton, Sandys, Smith's and Devonshire. Horseshoe beach was the location of the family wedding we attended, which was a perfect spot for wedding nuptials with sweeping views of the coast. Here, in this photo I'm standing on the steps of St Peter's Anglican Church, which is the oldest continually used Anglican church in the Western Hemisphere. Originally built in 1612, it still has a feel of the olden days. While inside I spent a few moments to give thanks for this terrific vacation, it is a wonderful church to worship in. Bermuda has been a great place to vacation. Soon we'll set sail back to the US; after a few hot humid days in the beach resort atmosphere of this tiny island I'm looking forward to a few luxurious days at sea. Here are a few last photos I'd like to share:


above: I still marvel at the color of the waters here.

I apologize I don't know the name of this old ship, but it looked cool.
Thanks for stopping by these past few days and playing the Mystery Cruise blog game!

-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment