Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Day at the Golf and Spa Resort

Yesterday I spent the day on the golf course playing 18 holes; it was a bit of business and a but of pleasure. There is an old golf saying that your worst day on a golf course is better than your best day at the office. While I am not a golfer by any stretch of the imagination, that saying holds true. Fortunately I was playing with a few folks who knew I didn't know how to play, so they didn't bother to keep score and quietly winced as I sliced balls, tore up the course and swung madly at a tiny little golf ball that just wouldn't move for me. Despite my shortcomings on the green, I had a great time.

above: we saw a number of interesting birds while out golfing- I didn't recognize this one...anyone have a guess?
The nice thing about many golf courses these days is that they also offer spa facilities, restaurants and other things to keep you on site and encourage you to spend more money I suppose. This facility was exceptionally beautiful with hacienda-style architecture, perfectly manicured grounds and nice little sitting areas to relax and enjoy the weather. Even this water fountain had the perfect sound of water trickling down that it immediately relaxed me as I wandered past.

above: the pathways were lined with tall, majestic date palm trees...

above: inside the spa lobby, the sitting area was so inviting it made me want to curl up with a good book.

above: I like this photo-what I was really trying to capture was the view outside the windows. These huge windows were really showing off the dramatic view of the luxe golf course beyond.

above: the spa also has the Deepak Chora Center for health. mostly yoga type stuff, but they teach healthy living, hold seminars, pilates, etc.
It turned out to be a great day and a relaxing way to end the week. Hope you have a great Saturday. I will...big plans for today so stay tuned...
-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment