Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rick's Roadshow: Nuremberg Germany, Part 1

It's a new day and a new destination. Welcome to Rick's Roadshow: Nuremberg, Germany, Part 1. I say "Part 1" because I'll be here for the best part of a week attending the Interzoo Pet trade show. I started the day in Frankfurt, having flown in from Manchester, England on business. I quite like Germany, the people are exceptionally friendly, happy and genuinely like tourists. After getting situated in Nuremberg and doing a bit of requisite work, I went out on a stroll for a late lunch. As usual I had my camera to capture anything that caught my interest. Before long I found a splendid place for lunch, which consisted of a cheese and tomato sandwich with a delicious, vitamin-enriched German beer.

above: My vitamin-fortified German Beer.

above: I wrapped things up with a slice of chocolate-banana cake, with dark chocolate shavings. Wow that was delicious!
A Dinner to Remember...


above: Last night I was entertaining one of our customers and brought them to a place I enjoyed the last time I was here: Nassauer-Keller. It dates back to the 13th century and is located undergound...

above: these are the steps leading down to the restaurant. The ceiling is quite low...

above: once inside, the restaurant has a very nifty atmosphere, complete with vaulted brick ceilings, arched doorways, and a medieval German presence throughout.

above: I swear this suit of armor was watching us all dinner long...reminded me of an old Scooby Doo episode.

above: This is the main dining room. Its quite small and has an intimate feeling to it. It was a great dining experience. The food was all fresh and very delicious. We never felt rushed at all, and thoroughly enjoyed the meal and entire experience. It was German hospitality at its best! If you are ever in Nuremberg, do check out Nassauer Keller, its located on Karolomenstrase, kitty-corner from the big abbey church. Stay tuned for tomorrow, I'll have some sights from around Nuremberg to share.
-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment