Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day To You....

My visit to Rhode Island has been filled with fun family time. I've been enjoying my two little nieces- having fun outside, telling stories, and playing any number of board games that strike their fancy. Speaking of fancy, apparently a story called Fancy Nancy is all the rage with little girls these days (who knew?). Like most girls, they love dress-up, shoes, accessories and all things pink and purple. They sure are fun to spend time with.  
Yesterday I took my grandmother to visit two of her sisters, neither of whom she has seen in several years. It was great to see the look on their faces as they saw each other again. It was also a treat for me to see my aunts and catch up on all the family gossip. It's tough living 3,000 miles away from family, we were all so close when I was growing up. I sure miss everyone. Today I'll be spending Labor Day with my parents, brother, sister-in-law and the nieces just relaxing outside and savoring our time together. Whatever you do today, I hope you enjoy the day as well.
-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment