Sunday, December 6, 2009

I'll Have a Blue Christmas, Please

Yesterday we ran out and bought our Christmas tree. We selected a Douglas Fir that was supposedly eco-friendly, meaning that it another tree was replanted in its place. Who knows for sure, but it made me feel better. Palm Springs has a tree recycle pick up in January, so they end up as mulch somewhere and return to the earth's soil rather than in the country garbage dump. Anyway so we put the tree in the stand and let it spend the day falling into place to find its shape. I went rummaging through the garage to find the Christmas decorations. I discovered we had blue lights. I don't even remember buying them. So I pulled out just the blue and white balls, the silver pearl garland and went to work. It's hard to see it well in this photo, but the blue and white actually looks OK. Normally I prefer lots of different colored decorations. or at least reds and greens. So this year we'll have a blue Christmas, and I'm happy about it. After the tree was up, I light the fireplace, and sipped a glass of wine to enjoy the fruits of my labor.

above: I bought two 22" fresh wreaths for the front doors, I think they look pretty good. If you look closely, you can see Sheldon inside the house behind the glass doors! So I feel like the house is starting to feel like Christmas. So how about you, did you put up your Christmas tree or some decorations yet? What colors or theme does your tree usually have?
-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment