Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Anyone Remember the TV Show Hotel?

For some crazy reason, last night I had a flashback to 1983 when a new TV show called "Hotel" premiered on ABC as a movie special. It was a new soap opera set in the fictitious yet elegant St. Gregory Hotel in San Francisco. The story was based on the popular novel "Hotel" by Arthur Hailey. The premier featured a mega all store cast, including James Brolin, Connie Selleca, Anne Baxter, Bette Davis, Morgan Fairchild, Mel Torme, Shari Belafonte, Shirley Jones, and Erin Moran, among others. I remember really liking this show a lot when it first came out. It started an early fascination with grand old hotels that has continued to this day. Hotel was kind of a cross between The Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Dynasty and Dallas, all rolled into one. I thought I'd show two YouTube clips from the premier episode movie. If you want to watch all of it, the rest of the episodes are all there on YouTube to view! I hope you enjoy this flashback:

and here below is part 2...

I hope you enjoyed these two clips....and the flashback
-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment