Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Saturday Seven: Interesting Things Made From Goats Milk

A friend of mine at work gave me a bar of all natural organic Goats Milk Soap this week and I've been fascinated by how soft and silky it is when washing my hands. I've always liked goats. Even when I was a little kid, goats were interesting to me. Baa Baaa! I think it had something to do with that little beard they have- or should I say "Goatee". I suppose that's where the term goatee came from- goats. Anyway I started to wonder what else goats milk is used for. This was the inspiration for another scintillating installment of The Saturday Seven: Interesting Things Made From Goats Milk. Goat's milk is actually quite rich and delicious. it has a subtle, sweet and slightly salty tone to it. They say that goat's milk is the milk of choice in most of the world, but we never drank it growing up. Some natural markets and health foods stores like Whole Foods and such do carry it in with their organic milk section. I was fascinated to learn that unlike milk from a cow, it is not necessary to homogenize goat's milk. Goat's milk fat globules are very small and remain part of the liquid solution, instead of separating like cow's milk. So without further ado, here are the seven most interesting things made from Goat's Milk:
#1 Regular Fresh Goat's Milk: ideal for people allergic to or can't digest cow's milk.

#2 Goat's Milk Soap

#3 Goat's Milk Shower Bath Cream Gel


#4 Goat's Milk Hand Lotion
#5 Goat's Milk Frozen Yogurt

#6 Goat's Milk Cheese
#7 Goat's Milk Tablets
Bonus Entry: Goat's Milk Strawberry Lolly-pops
What have you tried from Goat's Milk? Any stories about Goat's or their milk?
-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment