Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Lovely St Regis Hotel in Dana Point CA

Recently I attended a conference in Dana Point, CA, just an hour north of San Diego. It was held at the stunning St Regis Resort at Monarch Beach. The St Regis is a luxury five star hotels overlooking a pristine golf course on the edge of the Pacific Ocean. Since I'm local, I drove to the conference during the day, and just admired the grounds from afar. It was a warm sunny day, so most guests were milling around in shorts or swim suits, headed to or from the pool. During the conference break, I was able to enjoy lunch outdoors on the balcony overlooking the grounds, where I took the first three of the four photos here in this post. As I looked around the hotel I wondered if there was a recession at all. From the number of guests on site, I wouldn't have thought they had any empty rooms. As I enjoyed lunch I eavesdropped on multiple conversations (its what I do when I dine alone). One couple were arguing about how the girl caught her boyfriend checking out the waitress. A family were all snapping photos of each other nonstop, in all sorts of poses- debating what would be the best background. An older couple were complaining to each other about the price of a turkey sandwich. I can't say I blame them, after all my salad was $27.

above: a close up of the first photo. I took this one zooming in a bit to capture the view. You can see the blue ocean in the distance...
above: a side view of the well manicured grounds at the St Regis. A feast for the eyes!

above: I found this photo online somewhere. Its a view looking back at the hotel from the pool. The first three photos were taken from the balcony at the middle high tower in this photo. Anyway it was a nice place to attend a conference, I felt like a million bucks when I left the joint. That is, until I climbed into my car and drove back home...
-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment