Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday Art Review: Dessert in Art

Welcome back to a new edition of the Sunday Art Review. I'm pleased to present another fun theme for this week's post. Regular readers of this blog already know that I have a "sweet tooth", and consider dessert a compulsory course when dining. Sometimes I enjoy the anticipation of knowing what is to come after the main entree, and other times (either at a restaurant or at a dinner party) not knowing what's for dessert can be equally thrilling. Back when I was in the confectionery industry, my sitting room had photos of chocolate in picture frames scattered throughout the room. It always delighted guests who found it a most curious subject to be framed. Naturally I thought it to be quite reasonable- after all, I love chocolate, and at the time didn't have nieces to adore in a photo frame. Thus the inspiration for today's theme. Welcome to the Sunday Art Review: Dessert in Art

above: Some vintage French Art: she is holding a plate of biscuits so artfully.

above: more vintage French art. She looks so refined here, so elegant.

above: This is an Italian artist whose name I've mislaid. However, a classic ice cream sundae always makes me smile.

above: Three chefs serving up the best

above: this waiter seems quite proud of his tray.

above: these three waitresses are headed to a table and sure to delight.
Which ones do you like? All comments are free today!
-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment