Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, and welcome 2009! New Year's Eve turned out to be quite exciting. The night started out at home with some close friends, relaxing over conversation to catch up on the goings-on of life in Palm Springs. We had dinner reservations at my favorite restaurant, Melvyn's (the same place we went for Christmas dinner). It was very busy with a well heeled crowd. Gentlemen were generally in suits or tuxedos; most ladies wore fancy dresses, gowns with sequins or feathers, and were dripping in diamonds and pearls. The entire ceiling was covered with balloons throughout the dining room and lounge which provided a festive atmosphere throughout. After our sumptuous dinner, we hit the lounge to enjoy the live music and a good round of people watching too. Of course I managed to stop for a New Years Eve photo with my usual martini. Next, we went to the home of a MAJOR singer celebrity who invited us to their home here in Palm Springs. I cannot reveal whose home it was, and I did not take any photos (although it killed me not to do so). I want to be invited back, so I shall respect this person's confidentiality. Suffice to say, it was a major thrill to be in his home. The house is perched way up high on the side of the mountain, with a spectacular view of the desert floor. I chatted with this super famous person for quite awhile and really enjoyed the conversation. While at the party, another famous celebrity showed up, a well-known actress who I've always admired. She looked great and was there with her husband. (Sorry to be so clandestine with the details). Anyway it was a fun evening and a memorable way to ring in the new year.

above: photos from Melvyn's restaurant, with all the fun balloons covering the ceilings. It was a great night out!
New Year's Day Video
I've prepared a New Year's Day video for you with my web cam, I hope you have time to check it out, either from YouTube or the Blogger video further below.


Happy New Year to you.

-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment