Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday Art Review: Snow Art

Here in Palm Springs, we typically have a two month spell when temperatures get a little chilly, with evenings as low as in the high 40's and days mid 60's to 70 degrees. It feels cold to me, but having lived in cold weather climates for many years I know what cold really is. As I read the latest weather news for the US Mid West and East Coast it called for more snow. Here in Palm Springs, we have snow too...but it is up at 10,000 feet on the mountains. As I gazed at our mountains this morning it occurred to me just how beautiful snow can be. This was the inspiration for today's Sunday Art Review: Snow Art. Today I present a series of photos of snow sculptures from around the world, these are quite amazing, and in my mind, art a form of art. Enjoy!

above: "Chinese Dragon"
above: We'll call this "Snow Twist"

above: I call this the Snow Princess...she reminds me of the Princess Cruises logo!

above: "Snow Star"

above: This one was actually called "Whirled White Web"

above: "Snow Betta"

above: "Snow Stallion"

above: Hockey "Game On"

above: "Venus"

above: "Paul Revere"

above: A more naturally formed Polar Bear, isn't this cute?
I hope you enjoyed this week's installment of the Sunday Art Review: Snow Art. Which ones do you like best? Go ahead, leave a comment!
-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment