Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Saturday Seven: Favorite Vacation Spots...(so far)

Often times after a busy week at work I like to relax and let my mind wander a bit. Typically I day-dream about vacations, places I've visited around the world, and times when I was able to escape. This morning was one such occasion- I found myself lost in thought, thinking about some of my favorite locales. This was the inspiration for today's scintillating edition of The Saturday Seven: Favorite Vacation Spots...(so far).

#1 Rome: What can I say, other than I love this place. Romance, history, culture, great food, art, and people with a zest for life.


#2 Kauai, Hawaii: The best place in the world to really slow down and relax...without leaving the comfort, familiarity and safety of the good old USA.

#3 Monte Carlo, Monaco: Perhaps the one place that captured my attention the most from the moment we arrived. It has mystique, glamor and a casual elegance.

#4 London, England: Truly home away from home. London is where my heart is.

#5 Glacier Bay, Alaska: One of the most spectacular and breathtaking places I have ever been. Would definitely return, especially on another cruise.
#6 Newport, Rhode Island: Where I spent a great deal of time in my youth, I always feel comfortable in Newport. The coastline, mansions and Ocean Drive hold many fond memories.

#7 South Miami Beach, Florida: It has a vibe all its own. The Art Deco architecture, Cuban influence and hot humid climate makes this destination tip top.

Bonus Entry: Valletta, Malta: a tiny little country with an ancient feel and visually pleasing too.
Where are your favorite spots? If you've never been able to travel, where do you dream of going to escape one day? Due to the current economic climate, ALL COMMENTS ARE FREE, SO SPLURGE!
-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment