Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Paula Abdul, Martha Stewart and Lady Gaga in Palm Springs

I'm smiling in this photo for good reason. We had just wrapped up filming a new video and photo shoot with the talented and beautiful Paula Abdul. I was delighted that the shoot went off without a hitch, and the the rushes looked good. Being The Palm Springs Savant, I'm no stranger to working and socializing with celebrities and other famous people. Paula was an absolute pleasure to work with and was lots of fun too. Since I'm doing some celebrity name-dropping, I might as well mention that this past weekend Marta Stewart was visiting Palm Springs as well. I've always liked Martha, not to mention her chocolate chip cookies. Martha flew into Palm Springs on her private jet on Friday night; my friend Don was charmed by her and told me how much he enjoyed meeting her. Maybe next time she is in town I'll ask her to cook dinner! Oh, I almost forgot to mention, pop singer Lady Gaga was also in Palm Springs last weekend. Born in New York as Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, at just 23 years old, Lady Gaga has quickly become a sensation on the pop and dance charts. (In fact she was a guest on American Idol last week.) Lady Gaga was in Palm Springs performing as part of the Dinah Shore Weekend festivities. Lady Gaga must love Palm Springs, because she is coming back again this weekend. Well that's the celebrity wrap-up for today. Thanks for stopping by.
-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment