Thursday, April 16, 2009

Some Local Palm Springs Stuff

Being the Palm Springs Savant, I like to maintain a good working personal knowledge of all things Palm Springs. In addition to attending all the fabulous social events, charitable fundraisers and mingling with celebrities, I try to go out on the town regularly exploring restaurants, local stores and attractions. The other day I popped into a store downtown called Crystal Fantasy to pick up a new deck of Tarot cards. When I handed my credit card to pay, the person said: "I thought that was you, from the Palm Springs Savant" It was Joy, who owns Crystal Fantasy. How nice that she recognized me! She has a great store conveniently located downtown across from the Hyatt and also sells some items online if you want to check it out. The store is packed with interesting things like crystals, incense, candles, jewelry, books, fairies, wind chimes, wands, prisms, and lots more.
The other neat place I visited was Jake's restaurant for dinner. It's a cute place with indoor and outdoor patio dining areas. They offer a simple menu with some items that appeared to be part of their ready to go catering menu. Both our meals were delicious, and quite reasonably priced. For those times when you want a light lunch or an inexpensive dinner, Jake's is an option consider. It was good enough for me to consider returning, so that means it passed my strict standards! (As a reminder to any readers, I never feature any paid posts- so whatever I write is my own personal opinion.) Thanks for stopping by today!
-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment