Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Greenhouse Glee

Not too far from home, there is a greenhouse and nursery with the most wonderful collection of flowers, orchids and colorful plants available for purchase. We stopped by in search of some new cactus plants for the garden, but I couldn't resist a stroll through the greenhouses. This huge white orchid caught my eye from the moment I walked in- it mesmerized me! Had I not been in a greenhouse I would have been tempted to touch it to see if it were real. There is something about being in a greenhouse that I find completely peaceful. Come with me on this ever-so-brief journey of what I call "Greenhouse Glee". Enjoy these photos...

above: Beautiful Bromiliards

above: more Orchids...

above: No idea what these are, maybe someone can leave a comment and tell me...

above: more colorful Bromiliards

above: Soon it was time to head out, but only with pleasant memories of the Greenhouse Glee.
-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment