Friday, April 17, 2009

Philatelic Friday: Stamps About People Helping People

Welcome to another edition of Philatelic Friday. I kicked around theme options for today's post, and settled on a broad theme of People Helping People. So I started searching Google for images of stamps and came up with an interesting collection of topics. For example, finding a Jury Duty stamp was an interesting topic for a stamp. It is all about our civic duty to help others. I found myself staring at the silhouettes of the people depicted on this Jury Duty stamp...young/old, male/female, then I tried to guess the intended ethnicity, and then who these people remind me of. How easily my mind wanders. Anyway, onto more of Philatelic Friday: Stamps About People Helping People

above: A Canadian stamp raising awareness about people with Mental Health issues
above: This charming stamp is from Hungary and is literally about People Helping Others. Sweet, isn't it?

above: From France, a stamp raising awareness of tuberculosis and public health

above: Another French stamp about public health, raising awareness of the value of fresh air to life.

above: An unusual stamp from the USA about Retarded children

above: Canada's Fire fighter's stamp...very dramatic, isn't it?
Thanks for stopping by this week's edition of Philatelic Friday. Have a great weekend!
-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment