Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Art Review: Swines in Art, aka Pig Art

With all the hype about the dreaded Swine Flu pandemic spreading like wildfire, I found myself thinking about every little cough or sniffle over the past few days. Maybe those people coughing on the flight back from Chicago had the Swine Flu. Or was it that person at work who was coughing and hacking all day. But then again I was at the store and the cashier coughed into her hands before she handed me my change. I'm sure it all must be that swine flu! yes, I can be a bit of a hypochondriac at times. But why risk it? I found all this hype about the swine flu inspiration for this week's Sunday Art Review: Swines in Art, aka Pig Art. This first painting above left is "Famous Pigs" by Kathryn Wronski.

above: Purple Pig, by Dale Wicks

above: Pinky Pig painting, by Pamela Munger

above: Shout, by Joselito Jandayan

above: When Pigs Fly, print by L Risor.

above: and finally my favorite: Pig in a Blanket, artist unknown.
All kidding about the Swine Flu aside, be careful, stay healthy and wash your hands frequently, as you would to avoid any flu. I hope you enjoyed this week's rather unusual Sunday Art Review.
-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment