Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Last night I went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince. I am in New York on business this week so I figured it would be a great idea to see a midnight show, since it would only be 9 pm for me (having come from Pacific time). By the time the movie let out, it was 2:30 AM so I caught a cab back to my hotel and hit the pillow. My 6:00 AM wake up call came way too early. I had scheduled an early conference call for 6:30, so needless to say I am a zombie today. But it was worth it! Being a fan of the Harry Potter series I was excited to see this latest installment, one which fans have waited far too long. I wanted to be among the first to see it, in a crowded movie theatre filled with cheering fans. A Manhattan movie house at midnight was just the trick! Loads of enthusiastic muggles, some dressed up as wizards and witches, or Quidditch players. From my perspective the movie delivered, but I am hardly objective on the matter. People seem to be so obsessed with making comparisons to other films within a series. It's normal to say which installment you liked best or least, but I'm of the mind that I like the story and enjoy seeing it be told on screen. So even if this film isn't your favorite, think of it as a chapter in the greater series. It does have a few slow moving points, but overall it has lots of excitement, good storyline development and several interesting sub stories.

I'm not trying to write a review, or explain the plot, but just to say I saw it, I loved it and plan to see it again! What about you, are you planning to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince?

No comments:

Post a Comment