Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Meeting Blogger Friend Kathy in La Jolla

Some of you may be familiar with Kathy's Peace, one of the blogs I regularly read and consider part of my top five favorites. I particularly enjoy following the progress of her wonderful garden back in Maryland, which is quite beautiful. Kathy and her husband are in San Diego this week, so I was able to meet Kathy for lunch yesterday. We exchanged a few e-mails and at first it didn't seem like our schedules would align. As luck would have it, my business lunch cancelled at the last minute and I was free to meet Kathy. We went to lunch at La Valencia hotel in scenic La Jolla. We enjoyed lunch with a stunning view overlooking the Pacific Ocean, with a periodic soft breeze that provided relief on a warm summer's afternoon. It is always such fun to meet a fellow blogger; we spent a bit of time chatting about the blogging world, but quickly moved onto our own lives, families and normal things friends discuss over lunch. You can all sleep much better tonight knowing that Kathy and I solved all the world's problems.

above: For lunch I had this delicious Orecchiette pasta with spinach, broccolini, tomatoes and fresh cheese.

above: Kathy had the sauteed petrale sole, with basmati rice and grapefruit slices. It was a fun afternoon; Kathy is a lovely person with whom I hope to remain friends for a long time! If you have a moment, stop on over to Kathy's blog and say hello, you'll be glad you did.
-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment