Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Another Update on Spike....

I thought it was time for another update on a cactus in my yard we named "Spike". (Actually one of my readers "Bunnygirl" named him Spike). I wrote an update on Spike last July, showing Spike's growth progress. People always think cactus plants grow slowly- while many do, there are varying speeds for different varieties. Spike has been growing at a medium speed I'd say (whatever that means). He stands alone in the driveway, in between the garage doors, inching upward toward in a quest to reach the light. I rue the day that happens, as I will be forced to dig up Spike and move him elsewhere. Or maybe just take the light down. Or move. In any event I am happy watching Spike's progress and remembering the day we brought him him. Proud cactus parents, gazing at the baby cactus wrapped in swaddling newspaper. Isn't he cute? In case you've forgotten, here are photos of the last two upates on Spike:
above left: July 2007, just after Spike was planted. Above right: a year later July 2008.
Well that's all really. Thanks for stopping by today.
-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment