Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Saturday Seven: Things That Should Annoy Me But Don't

"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be" . Those are words of the great Abraham Lincoln that, for some reason influenced my perspective on life from an early age. I consider myself to be a fairly positive-minded individual. Even when things go wrong, or not as planned, I tend to make the best of the situation and keep smiling. Our lives are filled with enough challenges large and small- why let the little things get you down? Indeed it really does come down to choices we each make. This was the inspiration for another scintillating edition of The Saturday Seven: Things That Should Annoy Me But Don't
#1 Splashed unexpectedly by a lawn sprinkler. It actually is a little refreshing and brings me back to childhood.
#2 Birds nest on the side of the house. First instinct is oh no, I need to get that out of here, but when you see the mama bird protecting her little chicks, it is hard to knock it down.
#3 Brown bananas. Darn it, how did I let them go brown? I hate wasting food. No problem. They make a nice milkshake, muffins or flambe!
#4 Overpriced movie popcorn. To be honest, it makes me crazy to pay $6 for popcorn, but a movie experience doesn't seem complete without it so I get over it and move on.

#5 Crying Baby. A bundle of joy, and they have no idea what's going on anyway.

#6 Whimpering Puppies. OK, so this is similar to #5 but there is one difference. Puppies are way cuter that a newborn baby so its a different emotion that allows me to move on and not be annoyed.

#7 That long line at Starbucks. Amazingly people stand in line for ages but it is worth the wait for that delicious cup of cawfee
What's on your list? I'm running a special today, all comments are FREE!
-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment