Thursday, June 4, 2009

A Few Words About Palm Springs

Being the Palm Springs Savant, I receive a lot of e-mails from people across the US and from around the world asking all sorts of questions about Palm Springs. Usually they ask about visiting the desert, my favorite restaurants, famous people I know, and where to go sight-seeing of celebrity homes. I often tell people that one of the reasons famous people have been coming to Palm Springs for years is to escape the spotlight. Many celebrities still come to our desert and stay in a private home, or sequester themselves in exclusive boutique hotel in the area. Whenever I've taken someone famous out to dinner in Palm Springs, they are always relieved when locals allow them to relax and enjoy their dinner in peace. Our desert valley offers serene mountain views, natural beauty and wonderful dry warm weather. Whether you soak in the minerals of a natural hot spring, or partake in a healing mud bath at a local spa, you can really appreciate all our desert has to offer. It's no wonder we see the top stars of Hollywood visiting our city. I've had the pleasure of spending time with the likes of Anne Hathaway, Queen Latifah, Brad Pitt, Paula Abdul, Linda Blair, Vanessa Hudgens, Sean Penn, Dick Van Patten, Dustin Hoffman, Bruce Willis and many others. Whether I've spent a weekend, a dinner or just a cocktail, the one common thing I have heard from all these people is how relaxed they feel in Palm Springs. I couldn't agree more. Except I didn't need a celebrity to tell me what I already knew. I hope you have an opportunity to visit our beautiful desert someday. And if you do, you know who to call.
-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment