Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cannes Film Festival 2011: Red Carpet Part Three.

The story of Cannes continues… The film festival brings with it, besides the stunning festival’s red carpet pictures, the 2011 amFAR’s Cinema against AIDS Gala (fundraiser). So yes, it’s a very busy period with tons and tons of fabulous gowns. Reminds me of this hilarious French and Saunders clip were Dawn French portraits Catherine-Zeta Jones talking about award ceremonies. It goes like this: “God how many freaking frocks have I had to find? It’s crazy men! Everybody’s photographing them so I’ve got to make an effort, haven’t I? Make my (I don’t know exactly what she says here, but I think it’s a synonym for grandmother) proud. Everybody back in Mumbles (a place in Wales) wishes they was me cause I look FAN-TAS-TIC. I’ve got over 700 posh frocks, I have. IMAGINE THAT! I could easily pay for them, I’ve got crock-shits O’cash. But no, what you do right, is you get (again something I don’t understand)on the phone, you know like blah blah exclusive photograph, … hello magazine, and they send racks of them ‘round your house and you just nick ‘em. Take the whole lot, so you can keep your mind up and keep them all. They never asks for them back…And if they do, just ignore them, say you’ve got c***** (I don’t want to write it, it’s a word full of bad karma) or something. I’ve got all my posh gear like that! Absolutely hilarious. Well I’ll give you the videoclip and some ceremony pictures (including amFAR’s gala pictures).





Brooke Shields in Marchesa. (She sort of looks like Queen Amidala with her hair like that.)


Gwen Stefani in (her own) L.A.M.B.


Karolina Kurkova in Chanel Couture.


Kirsten Dunst in Chanel Couture.


Kirsten Dunst in Rodarte.


Michelle Rodriguez in Jean Fares.


Milla Jovovich in Prada.


Naomi Campbell in Givenchy Couture.


Uma Thurman in Chanel Couture.


Uma Thurman in Roland Mouret.


Janet Jackson in Haider Ackermann.


Some extra’s:

Definitely check out the following link. It covers Beyoncé’s new video clip (accompanying the single “Run the World”) and explores all the ready-to-wear and couture you can find in the clip.

If you’re interested in Anna Dello Russo you should see this behind the scene’s videoclip about the preparation for the “fashion shower” clip.

PS: there is a reason I don’t comment on the clothing choices. I just have a very outspoken vision on these garments, so if you get me started I’ll just never be able to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment