Thursday, May 26, 2011

From A(mFAR) to Z(oe).

Since I’m hitting the books quite intensively I find myself getting peace of mind in a whole fan of diverse internet readings. So the next entry will (mostly) be a mixture of very different pictures from various events. Yet again, all thanks to Red Carpet Fashion Awards! Yesterday I actually started writing on an entry that mainly covered music, but when I had finished I felt like I was uploading something extremely commercial, not in tune with my own likings, and not in tune with the concept of my blog. So I deleted everything. Today I’m going along with the usual fashion related information…

To start off: Nicole Kidman in Dries van Noten at the Billboard Awards 2011. Maybe it’s not a look that you would be blown away by, but I’m really pleased with seeing Nicole like this. It’s definitely one of my favourite looks of the week, and I have seen many event pictures. She’s effortless, she’s elegant and she’s beautiful. Everybody that knows me also knows that I’m a big fan of Nicole Kidman (really since I was little). So one of my favourite actresses (if she isn’t my favourite…) in a Belgian designer, it couldn’t get any better. The combination of her lovely smile, her hands nicely tucked away into those little pockets and her hair nonchalantly braided. Plus: some extra best dressed pictures. Kylie Minogue looks ever so happy, she has a very fresh and lively expression. Despite being not a Rihanna fan I’m glad that she toned down for her red carpet appearance (Positive steps).



Furthermore some pictures on The Obama’s Official state visit to England.
         
Michelle Obama in Tom Ford (Tom Ford is always worth mentioning). I imagine the Queen thinking “why are you wearing my colour?”, or maybe something like “I am the Queen of England and I have been Queen for a thousand years, nobody can outshine me, so why am I standing here with you guys?!” But obviously is a more becoming manner. Apparently the American president held a Royal Dinner in the American Embassy in Regent Park. Michelle Obama wore a black Ralph Lauren Fall 2011 evening gown. On Red Carpet Fashion was written that Michelle’s necklace “outblinged” the Queen’ one but I’m inclined not to agree with that. I loved the white and green diamonds the Queen was wearing. I don’t think anyone can really outshine the Queen?! Especially with her famous collection of expensive, precious an aged jewellery. Also this extra picture of Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson attending the State Banquet at Buckingham Palace. They both look like such pleasant people (especially in this picture), and Rita is just always radiant. Rita Wilson is wearing Monique Lhuillier.




Now some pictures on Ryan Gosling. He’s indeed very becoming, looks very normal, and most important he looks like an absolute fun guy. He’s perfectly dressed for the occasion, yet looks very at ease, even casual. That’s the key to getting the look, don’t try, just do/be.  He’s one of my favourite red carpet male celebrities because he really gets it right.


Just some prove that the Miu Miu Fall Winter collection is really great. Madonna and Hailee Steinfeld wearing some outfits. It really is a very classical and feminine, yet somewhat quirky collection. I certainly like it.



Some extra post-Cannes amFAR and Film Festival pictures.

Giovanna Battaglia’s dress surely was daring. It gives me a Aphrodite feeling (a feeling that I love), and I love it’s simplicity, yet I do not know if it is too exposed or not. If she keeps her arms down I’m inclined to say it’s ok, but when she puts her arm up I constantly have the feeling she’s gonna give us a nipple gate.
Concerning Carine Roitfeld; I love the Cavalli photo because it’s all about the party. You just know they are having fun. The Karl Lagerfeld and his flock picture I like as well because I keep imagining Karl saying “how you doing?”  It’s all very, here I am and I have me’ boys with me.





Which did you like best of this best dressed list?

For me Uma Thurman definitely looks best. Although I like the Versace dress, I think I’m mesmerized by the Electric Blue on her other dress. I really dislike Zoe’s look, and also think Milla does far from look her best. Fan Bing Bing is a little over the top, too bridal.


I also read this quite amusing blog entry by Franca Sozzani a couple of days ago. It’s entitled Do not allow people wearing boots on the beach. I beg you. The article immediately made me think of something I find equally atrocious. Boots are fine if they are well designed, rightly proportioned, quality high heel boots or classical Ralph Lauren like, horse riding boots. But for men this trend emerged and I blame Zara. Suddenly all these people had their jeans awfully casual tucked away in their combat like non-quality boots. It is horrendous. I do not understand why anybody would want to walk around like that. Especially when you have these males wearing skinny jeans and putting their trousers into their overly enlarged un-attracting boots. I find that revolting. It’s like people wearing UGG boots. I hate it. When Joan Collins said: fleece should be on sheep, the also meant to say UGG’s should be on sheep. Even worse, UGG’s make you look like a sheep! It’s even worse when I catch guys wearing these “boots”, especially when they have tucked away their skinny’s into these UGG slippers. So to all these people out there wearing UGG’s, I beg of you, do not put these on!



There's a whole day's of work on the way, so I’ll round it up here, and I’ll continue with my reflections some other time.


Extra: Just some extra little thing: I don’t have a special affinity towards Beyonce or anything, and I’m really not much of a fan of her knew song. But as a phenomenon she pretty difficult to avoid, and I must admit she has upgraded live performance into a whole other level: Just watch this clip. Oh yes, turn up the volume, because the sound isn't coming out all that loud.  


All pictures on Giovanna Battaglia via http://www.iwanttobeabattaglia.com/, pictures on Carine Roitfeld via http://www.iwanttobearoitfeld.com/, the rest of the pictures via http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment