Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Art Review: Photography of Seth Hoffman

My weekly Sunday Art Review feature has become a popular favorite with regular readers of this blog. Each week I attempt to showcase various forms of art across a multitude of mediums. I never profess to be an art expert or art snob. (Although I did study Art History in college). Regardless, the Sunday Art Review is never pretentous, rather a place for people to be exposed to something different each week. Art is subjective- what one person finds appealing may not be another person's taste. Art can be oil on canvas, sculpture, carvings, glass, clay, architecture, jewelry design, photography and many other forms. This week I am pleased to present The Sunday Art Review: Photography of Seth Hoffman. With Seth's permission I am featuring three examples of his work here on this post. His next exhibit is in LaQuinta, CA on May 3, 2009. click here for details. Seth's work is painstakingly handcrafted in darkrooms in thiocarbamide toned silver gelatin prints. I hope you enjoy his unique work:

above: these palm trees against the sky are beautiful, aren't they?

above: "La Quinta Storm"

above: Big Sur ocean seascape
Thanks for stopping by this week's Sunday Art Review. If you enjoyed Seth's work, please stop by his site and let him know.
-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment