Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Art Review: Study of Grapes

It has been a relaxing weekend at home in the desert, quiet nights outside, enjoying the crisp dry desert air with a nice glass of wine. Last night we enjoyed a bottle of St. Clement Oroppas, a 2003 Cabernet Sauvignon which was delicious. As I stared at my glass of wine, I found inspiration for this week's Sunday Art Review: A Study of Grapes. Regular readers of this blog know that I enjoy wine. While primarily a red wine household, we have been known to have our share of white wine on hand, especially for a warm afternoon when something cool, light and crisp is a refreshing way to pass some time at home. I thought it might be interesting to feature a few images of grapes and their relationship to wine. Enjoy...

above: "Feeling Wine", by Sommers, oil on canvas

above: "Grapes" by Karen Wright, oil.

above: "Pinot Noir Grapes" by Anna Knights

above: "Cabernet Grapes", photograph. Artist unknown.

above: "Grapes" by Tsunetomo Morita, oil on canvas.

above: "Grapes" by Vivian Hershfield, painting
I hope you enjoyed this week's Sunday Art Review: Study of Grapes. Which do you like best and why? Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you. Enjoy the weekend!
-Rick Rockhill

No comments:

Post a Comment