Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Riva goes Gucci.

Since I was a child I’ve always been very passionate about cars and other motorised vehicules. Actually, my very first word ever was car. The beautiful designs, the colours, the quality, the excitement of driving both behind the wheel and as a passenger, the sound, and the power heighten my senses. In fashion the same things speak to my imagination, the quality, the proportions, the colours and combinations, the style, the excitement of wearing a beautiful piece… Beautiful fashion is the same as a beautiful car, it’s about gorgeous quality goods. Today I am exchanging cars for boats because of a very specific reason. I spent many summers at Lake Garda which gave me the opportunity of building up a lot of experience concerning boating. Already at an early age my interest in (motor)-boats had been startled. So when I read about this collaboration between Riva (a boat brand with Italian roots) and Gucci I just couldn’t resist writing something about it. One of the famous Riva models, the aquariva has been styled by Gucci’s Creative Director, Frida Giannini. Consulting the Riva website I read about Giannini’s reasons for taking up this styling adventure. This unique collaboration marks Gucci’s 90 year anniversary and is an ode to La Dolce vita.  Both brands are bill boards of the glamorous lifestyle and sparkle fond memories of the golden jet set age. The result can only be called gorgeous. (+ they come with a special Riva by Gucci accessories-set.)  







All pictures via google pictures.
More information via http://www.riva-yacht.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment